Picture of Rhonda Sofer
Important Announcements
by Rhonda Sofer - Sunday, 28 July 2013, 12:30 PM

Dear DOIT's Consortium,

There are several important announcements that I wish to share with you:

1. The Quality Assurance and Curriculum Development Teams will be merged and become one team for the Assessment process of our pilot courses and student activities.  They will work together to develop the questionnaire and methods to be used to assess the impact of these programs as well as the other stages required for evaluation of these activities.
  2. The Quality Assurance Team will continue to monitor and assess the overal "functioning" of DOIT in terms of communication, logistics, management, etc.
  3. I will be officially asking for an extension of a full year for our program from Brussels.  This will enable several of our partners to pilot their courses that they need or want to pilot,  implement fully our faculty training and enrichment workshops and properly assess the program in regards to impact and sustainability.   In addition, this will also enable us to disseminate the full potential of DOIT's programs to more institutions and even countries.
  4. WE WILL NEED TO USE THE BUDGET WE HAVE FOR THIS EXTRA YEAR, so please begin to plan accordingly and manage your budget so that you can go into this 3rd year (that will hopefully be approved).  If you have any questions, please send a private email to me (and not overwhelm our partners with specific questions).
  5. I will be officially requesting from Brussels a revision of our budget that will enable more mobility (as we are going above the 10% flexibility allowed by Brussels).  I need to receive your plans for extra mobility if you need it for developing collaboration between the partners of DOIT.  Please provide me with this by the end of this month.  Thank you.

Let me wish you all a nice summer combined with some vacation as well as productive work!  

Best Wishes,
Rhonda