Dear DOIT Consortium,
I am pleased to announce that our request to extend our project until August 15, 2015 has been accepted by Brussels. What this means is that certain deliverables of our program will be implemented in this extended period (for example many of our faculty workshops) and that our pilots, although most will be implemented in this next year, can "spill over" into the 2014-15 academic year.
OUR BUDGET REMAINS THE SAME however. We hope that by the end of next week, the administrative DOIT team will work out exactly which deliverables will be relevant for 2013-14 and which will be relevant for 2014-15 and provide you with guidelines for your financial requests.
We will also discuss how this affects our planned mobilities (with the final consortium meeting being moved to 2015 for example). I will be consulting with some of you over the next few days and early next week about this change.
The extension will benefit our program as we discussed in Linz as it will enable us to:
- Assess the impact of our program to the fullest capacity.
- Assess the sustainability of our program (through examining how many of DOIT's courses are implemented in the 3rd year and funded by the HEI involved).
- Implement all of the pilots (several members have requested extra semesters for this)
- Implement our faculty workshops (which I see as being implemented in this extended period
- Disseminate through joint research and articles: While we have an official assessment program, since the data from all the pilots will be available to all members, we will be able to also collaborate together in developing joint research that examines specific results of our program over this extra year.
- Dissemination through participating in conferences.
- Dissemination through our publications which I also see as being refined and completed over this final year.
- Developing new collaborative programs among DOIT's consortium members.
Your comments are welcomed.
Let me take this time to wish our Jewish members of the consortium who celebrate the holiday of Sukkot a happy Holiday,