Picture of Roxana  Reichman
Happy Easter !!!
by Roxana Reichman - Sunday, 20 April 2014, 4:17 PM

Dear friends, Two of my best friends are Christian Orthodox and I know that they spent all night celebrating Easter at the church and then eating the famous red (or colored) eggs. This is the custom in Romania and France (although in France the majority of Christian are Catholic). I think for our friends in Georgia the customs are similar, but since we are such a multicultural group it would be nice to hear a bit about the customs in every other country. In any case, no matter in what way you celebrate, let me wish everybody a very Happy Easter and let's hope all your dreams will come true. In Israel Passover ends tomorrow and the day after tomorrow there is still one more day of holiday for the Jews whose origin is in Maroc. The name of the holiday is MIMUNA and there are several interpretations to this word. Some say it says something related to faith (EMUNA) while others have different explanations (for example the Rambam's father was named MIMON). I hope I didn't bore you too much with my stories but I really mean it when I ask you to share with us some of the customs. Once again, Happy Easter to you and to your dear ones ! Roxana

Picture of Tamar Mosiashvili
Re: Happy Easter !!!
by Tamar Mosiashvili - Thursday, 24 April 2014, 10:18 AM

Thank you very much! This holiday is so important for us!