Picture of Rhonda Sofer
April 27-May 1: DOIT's Student Events in Georgia
by Rhonda Sofer - Monday, 20 April 2015, 7:05 PM

The Israeli DOIT Student Teams from Sachnin Academic College, Interdisciplinary Center of Hertzilya and Gordon College are going to Georgia to link up with the Georgian Student DOIT teams from Ilia State University, Telavi State University and Samtske-Javakheti State University.  They will be sharing experiences and working together to write the student handbook "Promoting Inter-Cultural Relations through Extra-Curriculuar Activities on University and College Campuses".

The Israelis are also being joined by the BGU Quality Assessment team who arrives on Thursday April 23 to be followed by Sachin's and Gordon's groups who arrive on Friday April 24th.  On Saturday, the SUIDC will be joining the group. Monday and Tuesday will be work days in Tbilisi.  Tuesday late afternoon we travel to Telavi where the students will contiue their workshops and complete the handbook.

The Israelis fly home on Friday May 1.

I am very proud to announce another very exciting event that will take place on Firday April 24th at Sokhumi State University.   As we all know, SSU has led the whole DOIT HEIs with their curriculum reform through integrating DOIT's courses within several academic programs and creating 2 new programs.  The administration at SSU, has decided to acknowledge DOIT's contribution and my coordination of the program by bestowing me with an honorary doctorate.

I am overwhelmed by this honor and feel it belongs to the whole consortium and  reflects the structuring of our professional relations and sharing of leadership and responsibility.

Thank you all for your support and hard work that has enabled us to achieve DOIT's objectives and goals which are acknowledged by the institutions of where we work. Lookng forward to seeing our Georgian team this week and the rest of you in Haifa in June/July.

Warmest regards to all, 

Rhonda

Picture of Izabella Petriashvili
Re: April 27-May 1: DOIT's Student Events in Georgia
by Izabella Petriashvili - Monday, 20 April 2015, 7:55 PM

Great News, Rhonda!

Congratulations!!!

Picture of Nino  Chikovani
by Nino Chikovani - Monday, 20 April 2015, 8:44 PM

My congratulations!!!

Hope to see you soon,

With best regards,

Nino

Picture of Gerbert Sipman
by Gerbert Sipman - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 8:53 AM

Wow, what an honor...well deserved!!! CONGRATS! Regards, Bernadet and Gerbert
Picture of Tamar Mosiashvili
by Tamar Mosiashvili - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 10:29 AM

Rhonda, Congratulations!
See you in Georgia!

Picture of Sue Jackson
by Sue Jackson - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 12:12 PM

Fantastic news! Congratulations, Rhonda. It's great to have your work, and the work of DOIT, acknowledged in this way. Sue
Picture of Natia  Gorgadze
by Natia Gorgadze - Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 2:00 PM

Congratulations to this well-deserved achievement! I feel very happy to be a part of this wonderful team!

Natia