Picture of Rhonda Sofer
Re: Life with DOIT
by Rhonda Sofer - Friday, 3 July 2015, 7:04 AM

Shalom Nino and the rest of the DOIT team,

It indeed has been a wonderful professional journey that we have taken together and I believe have brought most of us to a special place in our professional as well as personal lives.  The consortium meeting was so special --- what pride we share as a whole consortium listening to how the program was implemented in different institutions and most importantly, how DOIT's courses and student activities will be sustained in many of our institutions.  

The conference--WOW, really AWESOME!!  Gordon's conference organizing team did an amazing job being led by Roxana-----and the handbooks which summarized the different aspects of the program were a great addition to the conference and provided our participants with a good sense of what we have done.  These handbooks would not have been completed without the hard work and investment of countless of hours that we invested.    Special thanks to Laura and Manal who together with me wrote the Children's Rights Teacher's handbook.  Thanks to Tamar, Hannah and the students who worked with me on the student activities handbook.   A special thanks to Hannah who helped with tne editing (first round) and linking us with the professional editor and graphics for  ALL of the handbooks, including the one on Achievements and Tips for managing which I wrote.  We also have two of our handbooks translated into Georgian thanks to Tina and Tamar.  Yaser will so have a handbook in Arabic ready for dissemination.  GREAT WORK BY ALL!!

THANK YOU to all who presented papers  and contributed to the academic quality of our international conference and for those who attended and supported our event.

Now we have one last mission in front of us for DOIT that will take me many hours to write and organize:  our final report.

THE FINAL REPORT INCLUDES ALL OF THE TOPICS THAT WE DISCUSSED AT THE CONSORTIUM MEETING.  

1. Please upload your most updated information ESPECIALLLY THE MOBILITY SECTION  in which I need the details and would be impossible for me to do without your participation.

2. Go through ALL of the topcis and related to how these topics were relevant to your institutions.  

I AM SETTING THE DATE OF JULY 31ST TO RECEIVE THIS NARRATIVE INFORMATION.   Thank you.  

3. ALSO--THE FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS are crucial for you to UPLOAD to the portal or for the Georgians, work through Manana.  As soon as you get back to your institutions PLEASE SCAN YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS--BOARDING PASSES, INVOICES, ETC.   Stan needs to get everything ready for the audit and it is a tremendous task to do. 

We would like to have all of these documents immediately.   It would be great to have the financial documents by the end of July...

Remember ANY expense that is not documented CANNOT be included in your expenses thus your institution will not be able to receive the TEMPUS grant for that amount.  So PLEASE upload all relevant documents as soon as possble. There is not much more time for this.  Project ends on August 15.

Thank you.  

WIshing you all a great weekend....

Hoping to be working together in new programs ----ERASMUS+ get ready for the DOIT teams!

With warmest regards and respect to you all,

Rhonda